Monday, February 4, 2008

Franklin Grain Elevator (acrylic 8x10) *SOLD*


Late afternoon in Franklin Tennessee. I really wanted to push my colors on this Franklin landmark. I was influenced by Bruce Docker's work here. Click the link on my Blogroll and check out his work.
I am surprised this grain elevator is still standing in upscale Franklin. I don't believe it has been used in 30+ years. I did some sketches of it over 20 years ago and it was vacant then. Some fancy-smancy condos are going up across the street.

7 comments:

Cooper Dragonette said...

Fantastic Chris. Great composition!

n. rhodes harper said...

I love the sun on the grain elevators. Great!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Another endangered landmark and icon of times gone by. The colors are perfect.

C. Ousley said...

Thanks artistes...

Michael Pieczonka said...

Chris nice colour in this.. actually.. nice colour in all these recent ones!. This one reminds me of a few identical buildings down by the docks here in Toronto.

kudos

Jana Bouc said...

Wow! Wonderful colors! Just brilliant! There's a similar building in Petaluma CA where I paint sometimes and seeing how you've tackled this one gives me inspiration.

C. Ousley said...

Tackle that building in Petaluma CA! Make it humble! Then post it.