Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Nickel Tomb oil (oil 8/10) *SOLD*


This was painted 9 years ago. I remember it was a cold day and a little windy so I finished it at home. As plein air goes, I am not hard core. Mt Olivet Cemetery in Nashville is a pretty cool place as graveyards go. Lot's of interesting monuments and sculpture. One guy's tomb looks like Napoleon's. Another is all done up like a Greek temple. The old Nashville City Cemetery is interesting as well. I have done a few pencil sketches there.

3 comments:

Brothergrimm said...

Beautiful tomb, and excellent shadowing, I'm especially drawn to the left side.

W. K. Moore said...

one of my ousley favorites. i favor the mysterious side of life - the unusual in fact.. so this ones a natural for me to enjoy. would be cool to see the current version....

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I'm enjoying your blog, Chris! Lovely work and fun comments too. You and my husband would get along fine wandering around the tombs and gravestones. He loves that sort of thing. Blessings, Diana