Saturday, April 7, 2007

Out sketching today



Was out and about Nashville on a chilly Saturday. Here are a couple of pencil sketches that ended up on the scanner. One is of the old Werthan Factory building that is being converted to lofts and condos. Going to be a nice sturdy place. Steel frames. The other is a ? plant down by the Cumberland River. After about 20 minutes a security guy politely told me I had to leave. I was parked in front of a Metro building. Some pencil pusher in the building called and must have thought I was an insurgent in a Mazda. I showed the security guy what I was doing and that I was gonna head on home. He was ok.

5 comments:

william wray said...

People are such busy bodies--saving the world from artists.

Cooper Dragonette said...

Great drawings--remind me of an artist here named Thomas Connelly. By the way, it's still cold here.

C. Ousley said...

Thanks Coop. Spring will get there...

Naquaiya said...

These are just great. I love your pencil work

Brothergrimm said...

I've really warmed up to industrial structures lately, very cool job on the elevator.